ASHRAE Standard 62.1-2019 – Ventilation for Acceptable Indoor Air Quality (ANSI Approved)
PDF (Portable Document Format)
First published in 1973 as Standard 62, Standard 62.1 specifies minimum ventilation rates and other measures for new and existing buildings that are intended to provide indoor air quality that is acceptable to human occupants and that minimizes adverse health effects.
The revised 2019 edition of the standardincludes significant changes, including:
- New informative tables of ventilation rates per unit areafor checking new and existing buildings ventilation calculations
- Simplified version of the Ventilation Rate Procedureimproving calculations for system ventilation efficiency and zone airdistribution effectiveness
- Modified Natural Ventilation Procedure calculationmethodology
- Revised scope to specifically identify occupanciespreviously not covered
- Natural ventilation now requires considering the quality ofthe outdoor air and interaction of the outdoor air with mechanically cooledspaces.
- Humidity control requirements are now expressed as dew pointand not as relative humidity.