International Code Council
PDF (Portable Document Format)
Provides minimum regulations for plumbing facilities in terms of both performance and prescriptive objectives, and provides for the acceptance of new innovative products, materials, and systems. The IPC™ also includes its companion document, 2015 International Private Sewage Disposal Code™.
Changes this edition include:
- Public toilet facilities are not required for occupancies that have limited areas for public access.
- Water temperature limiting devices are required for footbaths and head shampoo sinks.
- In a replacement water heater installation situation when a nearby drain point is unavailable for the required pan, a code modification allows the pan to be used without a drain line.
- Fixtures such as water closets and urinals that utilize nonpotable water must be identified with words and a symbol that nonpotable water is being used. The color purple is established for identifying distribution piping conveying nonpotable water.
- The application of a primer to drain, waste and vent PVC pipe and fittings prior to solvent cementing is not required for 4-inch pipe size and smaller.
The IPC also includes its companion document, 2015 International Private Sewage Disposal Code® , that contains provisions for design, installation, and inspection of private sewage disposal systems, and provides flexibility in the development of safe and sanitary systems.