PDF (Portable Document Format)
ASME BPVC-V, 2023 Edition, July 1, 2023 – SECTION V – NONDESTRUCTIVE EXAMINATION
This Section contains requirements and methods for nondestructive examination which are referenced and required by other BPVC Sections. It also includes manufacturer’s examination responsibilities, duties of authorized inspectors and requirements for qualification of personnel, inspection and examination. Examination methods are intended to detect surface and internal discontinuities in materials, welds, and fabricated parts and components. A glossary of related terms is included.
What are the key changes for 2023 BPVC Section V (ASME BPVC-V)?
- Article 1, T-120(e) has been modified to include exceptions made to SNT-TC-1A and CP-189. This eliminated the need for Mandatory Appendices III & IV, which were removed.
- Added a new Mandatory Appendix for Article 12 on the evaluation of the sensitivity of an acoustic emission instrumentation.
- Added requirements for the use of TOFD without the supplemental scan of near-surface.
- Revised Article 9, para. T-953, Remote Visual, to accommodate deployment mechanisms like unmanned aircraft vehicles and systems.
- Adopted updated ASTM Specifications documents: ASTM E273-2020, E999-2020, E1030-2021, E1114-2020, E1165-2020, E2491-2013(R2018), E213-2022, A745-2020, E2491-2018, E2700-2020, D7091-2021, E243-2018, E797-2021, E976-2021, E1067-2018, E1118-2020, E1419-00, E2075-2020, and E2261-2021.